Christ is our pilot;
The Bible, our compass;
The Church, our anchor
National Presbyterian Mariners is an adult service and fellowship organization founded in 1927. The goal of Mariners are:
- To encourage Christian faith and practice in every home, helping individual and families progress in Christian living.
- To interest those outside the church in uniting with the church.
- To provide the opportunity for Christian fellowship.
- To develop leadership for the church.
- To serve and support the church in its total ministry and mission.
First Presbyterian Mariners coordinates the hosting of Fellowship Time after worship each Sunday. We invite different groups and individuals to host each Sunday. This is one of our primary ministries.
We also host fundraisers each year. We have brunches, barbecues, and dinners.
Our governing board meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. and includes the skippers of every ship.